Responsibility comes with being the most famous Canadian brand name in the world, and protecting this legacy is an action our Boards take seriously. Two Boards oversee the company: Holdco (the family holding company) and Opco (the operating company). Board directors are accountable for ensuring McCain is always working most effectively for its shareholders, employees and for the communities in which we live and work.
While McCain is a privately held company, our Boards have adopted many of the best practices followed by companies that are accountable to securities regulators and public shareholders. These practices ensure that McCain has rigorous oversight of its management and operations, as well as benefitting from the strategic guidance of its directors in assessing growth opportunities and in developing long-range plans.
The directors of our operating company Board include McCain family members, McCain executives (including the CEO) and highly experienced independent directors:
- Allison McCain, Chairman
- Andrew McCain, Director
- Mark McCain, Deputy Chairman
- Scott McCain, Director
J.P. Bisnaire, Independent Director
- Jacques Bougie, O.C., Independent Director
- John Doucet, President & CEO, Day & Ross Transportation Group
- Paul Tellier, P.C., C.C., Q.C., Independent Director
- Dirk Van de Put, President & CEO, McCain Foods Limited
- Victor Young, O.C., Independent Director