McCain is committed to creating sustainable, profitable growth for generations to come. As a global family, we work every day to make people happy through good food, good business and good farming.
To ensure that we can fulfil our vision and purpose, we are committed to continually enhancing the quality of our products and services, as well as meeting our social and environmental responsibilities. This includes minimizing our impact on the environment within the communities in which we operate, and influencing the impact of our suppliers
We will be responsible stewards of the environment wherever we operate by minimizing the impact of manufacturing our products on the land, water and air. We are committed to meeting our compliance obligations, including all applicable laws and regulations, and to conducting our businesses in a manner consistent with pollution prevention and sustainable development principles. So that our actions match our commitment to the environment, we will also:
- Implement and sustain a Global Environmental Management System to proactively identify and manage environmental risks, obligations and opportunities in our global operations.
- Integrate our Global Environmental Management System requirements into our business processes and daily operations.
- Identify and measure the environmental impacts of our operations, set targets for performance improvement and monitor our progress against those targets.
- Use our natural resources as efficiently as possible, including energy, water and our agricultural inputs to minimize CO2e emissions, water stress, food waste, and waste to landfill.
- Monitor emerging environmental issues, regulatory changes, scientific data and technological advances to support the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Engage our employees, contractors and suppliers in our environmental challenges and commitments, and ensure they are aware of their environmental responsibilities under our Code of Conduct, Environmental Policy and Global Environmental Management System.
- Conduct regular audits of our operations to verify compliance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Annually review our Environmental Management System and our progress towards meeting established targets.
The Chief Executive Officer has ultimate accountability for this policy with oversight provided by the Safety and Sustainability Committee of the Board of Directors and the McCain Senior Leadership Team. The CEO delegates responsibility for the implementation of this policy to senior management in the organization. All employees are responsible for understanding how this policy applies to them in their day to day activities and for applying good environmental practices in the workplace.