McCain is committed to creating sustainable, profitable growth for generations to come. As a global family, we work every day to create real connections through delicious, planet-friendly food. Sustainability is at the heart of our purpose as a business which means putting smart and sustainable farming, resource efficient operations, good food and thriving communities at the forefront of what we do.
To ensure that we can fulfil our vision and purpose, we are committed to continually enhancing the quality of our products and services, as well as meeting our social and environmental responsibilities. By implementing resource efficient operations and smart sustainable farming practices, we will be responsible stewards of the environment, minimizing our impact on the land, water, and air within the communities in which we operate, and influencing the impact of our suppliers.
We are committed to meeting our compliance obligations, including all applicable laws and regulations, and to conducting our business in a manner consistent with pollution prevention and sustainable development principles. So that our actions match our commitment to the environment, we will:
- Implement and sustain a Global Environmental Management System to proactively identify and manage
environmental risks, compliance obligations, and opportunities in our global operations by integrating it into our
business processes and daily operations.
- Use our natural resources as efficiently as possible, including energy, water, and our agricultural inputs to
minimize CO2e emissions, water usage, food waste production, and waste to landfill and monitor our
performance against our agreed improvement targets.
- Identify and monitor the potential environmental impacts of our operations, emerging environmental issues,
regulatory changes, scientific data, and technological advances to support the continual improvement of our
- Through our Code of Conduct, Environmental Policy, and Global Environmental Management System, engage
our employees, contractors, suppliers and partners on our environmental challenges and commitments, and
their environmental responsibilities.
- Conduct regular audits of our operations to verify compliance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Annually review our Global Environmental Management System and our progress towards meeting our
performance improvement targets.
The Chief Executive Officer has ultimate accountability for this policy with oversight provided by the Safety and Sustainability Committee of the Board of Directors. The CEO delegates responsibility for the implementation of this policy to senior management in the organization. All employees are responsible for understanding how this policy applies to them in their day-to-day activities and for applying good environmental practices in the workplace. Progress against our stated targets is reported in our corporate Sustainability Report, which is available on our corporate website.